What Is Remedial Massage?
Remedial massage can treat a variety of muscular skeletal conditions such as work related injuries, sporting injuries, shoulder problems, general muscle tightness, neck and back pains, restricted movement in joints, headaches and postural imbalances.
Remedial Massage Techniques Used
- Deep tissue
- Pregnancy – only from 2nd semester onwards with a belly pillow, so you can actually lay on your stomach!
- Sports – offer various specialised techniques to support the body’s healing process for knotted, tight, weak or damaged muscles.
- Swedish (relaxation) massage – a nurturing, gentle treatment that leaves you feeling utterly blissful and relaxed!
- Muscle energy techniques
- Trigger point therapy
Benefits of Remedial Massage?
- Assists in the healing of injuries
- Improving joint mobility
- Increased performance
- Postural imbalances
- Relief of general stiffness, aches and pains
- Toning and relaxation of muscles